Friday, September 21, 2007

Identity (1)

One might wonder: What are we? humans definitely, but only that? what are humans? Humans are only terms agreed by humans themselves. Or should we be called 'tetrapods?' such fleeting thought came to me today. I wondered, who the heck am I? Why am I alive? Am I alive? Is this reality? What is REALITY? Does it matter? Am I a fictional character? or am I nothing? Am I in the reality, but only seeing visions? Is this a dream? What am I?......quite a matrix-like questions...

Does these questions really matter though? Is finding the truth the utmost important thing? Is trying to figure out what is beyond death the right way? Am I thinking too much? Did I drink too much?....maybe (except that I don't get to drink...yet) I'm definitely trying my best to live. So there. I'm satisfied. One day, I will look back and think all these questions, adding more complexity to the increasingly stressful days. However, these ability to think is the reason why we are now who we are. At least, that's why I'm me. I exist not because I think, but because I am an individual being. I am unique. There can never be another me, not in the past and never will be there in the future. Whatever I do, even writing this blog, sets me different from thousands, millions, zillions of people. and I AM PROUD OF IT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh.... everybody wants to be so called 'special'.
All of us want to be someone who is 'important'. That's just one of the characteristics of life forms.

You are your ability. (Here, I'm defining this broadly. Ability includes characteristics such as you voice, face, height, hobby, intelligence, grade, money, i.e. whatever you can relate to yourself.)
You are your ability.

Anonymous said...

Great work.